CME Coalition’s Responsible Logo Use Guidelines
The accredited provider is responsible for ensuring compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, including the placement, size and use of corporate logos of ACCME-defined commercial interests (CIs). The CME Coalition believes that the use of corporate logos provides transparency and disclosure to learners on educational grants obtained from CIs in support of an educational activity. The CME Coalition proposes the following guidelines to help providers:
- Accredited providers are responsible for ensuring the disclosure and acknowledgement of commercial support, including the appropriate use of corporate logos in activity materials.
- Disclosure of support from a CI through the use of a commercial supporter corporate logo must be accompanied by the provider’s logo in the appropriately designated area of the activity materials.
- Disclosure of support from a CI including (or with) the use of a corporate logo should occur only once in the appropriate section of the activity materials (e.g. brochure, handout, printed piece, or digital medium). Providers may also elect to acknowledge commercial support elsewhere by listing the CI name without the accompanying corporate logo.
- CI corporate logos may not exceed the size of the provider’s logo(s).
- To ensure that logos are not inadvertently over-emphasized due to layout or design features, providers should be consistent in appearance with the color used in the disclosure of commercial support section of the activity (e.g., if a print piece is 4-color then all logos should also be 4-color, if the print piece is in black and white then all logos need to be in black and white). Logos from commercial supporters will not supersede those of the providers.
- Acknowledgement of exhibitors using logos is permitted.
A list of organizations that have pledged to adopt these voluntary guidelines is available here.
Authorized representatives may fill out the form below to add your organization to these voluntary guidelines. The CME Coalition will follow up to confirm your participation prior to public disclosure: